Mary Kay Eye Primer is a waterproof formula that glides on smoothly to extend the wear of eye color and prevent it from creasing and smudging.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Suitable for contact lens wearers.
The skin around the eyes has fewer sebaceous glands and less collagen and elastin than skin elsewhere on the face. And, as people age, the fat pad beneath the dermis diminishes, causing the skin to appear even thinner and the hollowed-out appearance under the eyes. These unique characteristics of eye-area skin require extra attention.
Apply a small amount to the eyelid prior to applying eye color. Blend gently using your fingertip.
How It Works
- Oils and moisture from the skin and from certain products can cause eye color to collect in the crease of the eyelid and smudge and fade.
- Priming the surface of the eyelid creates a base for the eye colors, increasing their opacity and reducing their ability to move to the crease of the lid or smudge.
- Talc has many benefits. It acts as an anti-caking agent that keeps loose powders free-flowing and helps pressed powders retain good application. It’s also an aesthetics enhancer which improves the application characteristics and texture of a product. Additionally, it’s an opacifier, increasing coverage and reducing transparency of colors. Some may provide a pearly or matte appearance (e.g., eye colors) or add coverage (e.g., concealers).
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Derivative) is a conditioner that improves the appearance of skin (e.g., skin looks softer, smoother ).