Meditree Tea Tree Promotes Clear Skin the Natural Way
For those struggling with acne problems, there is now a newly launched natural solution in the form of the Meditree Tea Tree Range. Meditree, a name derived from the words ‘Medicinal Tree’, aspires to deliver fresh and natural skin care solutions without synthetic fillers, preservatives and foaming agents, according to Chua I-Lin, Senior Manager, Product Management Consumer Health, Healthcare, DKSH Malaysia at the launch of Meditree Tea Tree. The range was launched yesterday by DKSH in collaboration with Byron Origins Pty Ltd.
Acne and Its Causes
Dr. Nazirin Arrifin, a renowned dermatologist from Pantai Hospital, gave an insightful talk at the launch about advice and tips on acne management. She mentioned that acne affects teenagers going through hormonal changes, but also adults aged 30 to 50. Common types of acne include white and black heads, small inflammatory papules (red spots) and pustules (red spots with pus).
While the usual causes of acne include stress, genetics and hormone fluctuations in teenagers and pregnant women; acne that is left untreated until it becomes severe will lead to permanent scarring, low-self-esteem, depression and even social withdrawal at a later stage.
“Choosing the right product that suits your skin type is important because the skin needs to be cleansed daily to get rid of dirt, excess oil and bacteria that can potentially clog pores and bring about acne,” added Dr. Nazirin.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is the star ingredient in the Meditree Tea Tree range. It is an essential oil distilled from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, a plant native to Australia, which contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help in preventing acne and pimples by gently cleansing the skin to remove a build up of excessive oils. It is also non-comedogenic, which means that it does not clog pores.
No Irritants and Nasty Chemicals
The Meditree Tea Tree range does not include the following ingredients which are known to trigger skin irritation, allergies or are toxic to the skin:
- Artificial fragrances
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
The Meditree Tea Tree range comprises the following products:
- Tea Tree Facial Cleanser 100g RM20.90 – This gel type cleanser combines Tea Tree oil, Aloe Vera and Willow Bark extract to gently purify and provide antibacterial properties to the skin.
- Tea Tree Hydrator 50g RM23.75 – Specially formulated with Tea Tree Oil, Willow Bark Extract and Chamomile Extract to help replenish and hydrate oily, combination and acne prone skin without increasing oiliness on skin surface.
- Tea Tree Acne Gel 15g RM14.55 – An antibacterial gel that targets acne and blemishes on skin.
- Tea Tree Face Scrub & Mask 50g RM23.75 – A gentle, creamy face scrub and mask infused with fine grains of Tea Tree Leaf and Lychee that gently polish away dead skin cells and impurities.
- Tea Tree Oil 10ml RM28.00 – A 100% pure, natural antibacterial essential oil that is ideal for insect bites, stings, cuts and abrasions.
All prices excludes 6% GST. The range is available in local pharmacies nationwide since the beginning of this year