How Often do You Really Need to Wash Your Hair?
How often do you wash your hair?
If you live in a hot humid country like ours, washing your hair every day or at least every two days is normal, even essential to feel clean and fresh. But just in case you are feeling a little lazy about washing and then blow-drying your hair, you can consult the chart below:
Or… you can use dry shampoo.
Dry shampoo has been around for a while but in September, Batiste, UK’s top dry shampoo was launched exclusively in Guardian pharmacies. So now we can enjoy the instant refresh of your hair between washes, leaving it clean, fresh and full of body and texture.
I’ve tried it on my hair and as you can see below, the results are nothing short of amazing.
Steps to Proper Hair Care
Here’s what you should know about proper hair care with dry shampoo according to hair expert Michael Poh:
- It is recommended to wash your hair daily – especially in a humid weather like ours
- You can use dry shampoo in-between washes when your scalp is greasy
- There are 4 steps in using dry shampoo correctly:
- Shake the bottle
- Spray with a flicking wrist action from 30 cm away from the scalp
- Massage the scalp
- Comb or style your hair as usual
- Batiste is made of rice starch, the secret ingredient that absorbs all that icky grease on your scalp. It also leaves a layer of coating of your hair to protect it from the environment.
Now that I’ve experienced what dry shampoo is like, it’s an indispensable arsenal in my bathroom! Batiste even comes in a 50ml spray bottle, making it even more convenient to bring it your handbag.