5 Exercises to Blast Cellulite Fast!
Cellulite is pretty ugly to be seen especially in public. If your cellulite is pretty obvious on the back and sides of your thighs, it will be a bad idea to wear miniskirts or short shorts. To put it simply, cellulite is the fat deposits just underneath your skin. It often appears as lumps or dimples usually around the buttocks and upper thighs. Unfortunately for the gender that cares more about appearance and beauty, women are prone to cellulite more than men. To make cellulite harder to notice, building muscle is necessary. Burning body fat will burn calories and make the cellulite shrink although the fat deposits won’t go away completely. Do these top five cellulite-burning exercises to get rid off of your stubborn fat deposits.
This exercise enables you to build muscles in your butt and thighs if you perform it consistently. According to Mayo Clinic, squats help tremendously in burning fat; less fat equals less noticeable cellulite. Squat exercises are not just great for the butt, hips and thighs but are actually great as a total workout for the lower body. Squats are a versatile exercise that can be done at almost any location, with or without the use of weights or equipment. Five top reasons to do squats:
- tones your legs
- lifts your butt
- strengthens your core
- increases your flexibility
- engages your upper body muscles
How to do a common squat exercise:
- Stand comfortably, with your feet about a foot apart.
- Slowly bend your knees and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Gradually stand back up, squeezing your glutes and the backs of your thighs as you rise.
Back kicks, or the kickback manoeuvre, refer to a movement that involves an extension to the rear of the body. Typically describing a triceps exercise, the term can be used to describe movements for the legs as well. MSNBC Health recommends this fat-busting move to target all those areas most susceptible to cellulite.
How to do back kicks exercise:
- While on your hands and knees, lift a leg up behind you until it is pointed upward at a 45-degree angle.
- Slowly bring the leg back down and repeat the movement with the other leg.
- Start with 15 reps and work up from there.
Leg lifts strengthen the lower abs by stabilizing and flexing the lower part of the spine. Janet Wallace, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Kinesiology at Indiana University-Bloomington, says that leg lifts are the best thing to do for toning the outer thighs.
How to do leg lifts exercise:
- Lie on the floor on your side, place your elbow on the ground and prop your head up with that same hand. Place the other hand on the floor beside your waist.
- With legs straight and toes pointed, lift your leg up as far as it will go, then slowly lower it back down.
- Do 10-15 reps, and then turn over and work the other leg.
You can use almost any stairs in any environment, such as in an office building, college or park. Stair climbing uses a combination of anaerobic and aerobic systems that challenges your ability to sustain endurance, stamina and posture. While climbing up the stairs trains production of force; climbing down the stairs trains your ability to control force and speed deceleration, which uses a different movement pattern than going up.
How to do stair climbing exercise:
- Climb up a flight of stairs by placing one foot on each step. Go up at a rate of one step per second. Pump your arms naturally as you do so.
- Turn and climb back down the stairs without rest after you have reached the top. Go down at a rate of one step per second. Keep your spine tall.
- Rest for 20 to 30 seconds at the bottom of the stairs, and repeat the exercise for three to four sets. Increase the rate to two steps per second once you have become proficient with the one-second rate.
Cardio is one of the most important things you can do for your body, whether you want to lose weight, build muscle or improve your health. The great thing is that there are plenty of choices for cardio exercise. As long as you’re expending more calories than you’re taking in, you’ll begin burning into your fat deposits. Since cardio burns calories, it can reduce your overall body fat, which makes cellulite harder to notice.
Top cardio exercises include jumping rope, walking, kickboxing, rowing, step aerobics, swimming, elliptical trainer, bicycling and running.
Most of the exercises mentioned are to be done starting with 15 repetitions and eventually more as your strength and endurance build up.