10 Great Ways to Help Your Body Detoxify
The thing about a detoxiﬁcation programme is that it is pretty simple. The only thing that makes it hard is the part where you have to is the part where you have to change your daily routines. Here are 10 great ways to help your body detoxify.
1. Drink a lot of water – the eight glasses that are always recommended will be ﬁne in this case.
2. Plenty of vitamin C is good – Vitamin C is an antioxidant and hasdetoxifying properties as it encourages the
production of glutathione which eliminates the toxins in your body.
3. Cleanse the liver by use of herbs such as burdock, milk thistle, dandelion root and green tea. In fact you can replace your tea with green tea or dandelion root tea.
4. A ﬁbre-rich diet is highly recommended. These you can get from fruits and vegetables such as cabbages, chlorella, broccoli as well as brown rice.
5. Think positive. To reduce stress, avoid dwelling on the most tragic of your emotions. Focus more on the positive emotions, this will facilitate the success of the programme.
6. Visit a FIR sauna more frequently – sweating is good as perspiration eliminates the toxins quite well. A FIR sauna is different from any traditional sauna. Infrared saunas warm the body instead of heating the surrounding air. Traditional steam saunas heat the air and require temperatures ranging from 65.5 – 93.3 degrees Celcius to promote perspiration, whereas a heat range of 43.3 – 60 degrees in an infrared sauna produces the same results. The softer heat of an infrared sauna also penetrates deeper into the skin – as much as 1½ inches – and draws out more toxins than a steam sauna, according to Dr. Aundrea Adams of the International Institute of Holistic Healing, who compared the detoxiﬁcation ﬁndings of the two sauna types, as mentioned in www.naturalnews.com.
7. Hydrotherapy – take a hot shower for about ﬁve minutes and just allow the water to run over your body then follow it up with a cold water for about a minute. Repeat this three times in one session and then jump into your bed
for some thirty minutes.
8. Take deep breaths as this will allow more oxygen into your system.
9. Brush your skin using a thick brush before retiring to remove toxins through your skin pores
10. Exercising and sleeping – Here, exercising does not mean that you become a gym rat in order to achieve success in your detoxiﬁcation programme. Some of the simplest exercises such as squats and sit ups will do. A simple jog around your neighbourhood will be enough to guarantee that you get the most out of your detox endeavours. When you exercise you sweat and this of course translates into the removal of toxins. On top this; you will also be able to cut some weight. Exercising is the only way you can lose the extra fat that has decided to call your thighs and waist home.
Good sleep is necessary for just about all activities under the sun. A well rested person suffers less stress and will also
have less problems staying awake during the day. It is also healthy for body systems as they also get to rest. The secret to sleeping well is to take a warm bath before you sleep and always try to sleep at a speciﬁc time and wake up at a set time. Your body will programme itself to this system. In fact you will not need an alarm to wake you up. Most of all your detoxiﬁcation plans will be enhanced.