Lemongrass (Cymbopogon) is a tall perennial plant from the Poaceae grass family, which thrives in tropical and subtropical regions, such as in India, Southeast Asia and Oceania. Lemongrass is a popular flavouring agent in Asian cooking. The two varieties of lemongrass most popularly used today are Cymbopogon citratus and Cymbopogon flexuosus.
Lemongrass oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation of lemongrass leaves.
Lemongrass essential oil with its fresh lemony yet earthy scent has many beneficial properties.
Known uses of lemongrass essential oil:-
- Relieves anxiety. Uplifts spirit and fights depression.
- Aids sleep.
- Cures diseases resulting from bacteria such as skin diseases & body odour.
- Reduces muscle & joint ache due to inflammation.
- Antiseptic for internal & external wounds.
- Natural insect repellent.
How to use :
Safety Precaution :
1. Do not use if you have oestrogen-dependent cancer.
2. May cause skin irritation. Conduct patch test before use.
3. Not safe for children under 6 years old.