Product Descriptions: Calma is an innovative feeding solution designed for breastfed babies. It does not interfere with breastfeeding and lets your baby feed the way they learned at the breast, which makes switching from breast to Calma and back easy.
Calma requires the baby to create a vacuum for the milk to flow; when the baby stops sucking to pause, the milk stops flowing – just like during breast- feeding. This way the baby controls the milk flow and can feed, pause and breathe at its natural rhythm. One size of Calma is suitable for the entire breastfeeding period, just as mother‘s breast is.
- Features & Benefits Vented nipple: Helps avoid gassiness as the bottle is vented through our unique air-control system
- Mimics natural feeding behavior: Supports easy transition from bottle to breast. Baby able to maintain the learned feeding behavior that your baby exhibits when breastfeeding
- Flow control valve: Allows baby to control milk flow. Milk only flows when baby creates a vacuum
- Calma doesn’t drip: You can turn Calma upside down and it still won’t drip. Your baby needs to apply a certain level of vacuum in order to get milk out
- Calma teats help the baby to avoid swallowing air during the feed, as they are regulated by a unique venting system.
- One size/shape nipple: For all stages of breast milk feeding. The flow, shape and length of Calma are designed to suit your baby’s needs as your baby grows
- One size and shape fits all • Made without BPA: All parts that come into contact with breast milk are not made with BPA
- Calma is compatible with all Medela breast milk bottles.
- Made in Switzerland, from BPA-free materials.
- Switching from bottle back to breast has never been easier: babies’ natural feeding behavior so you can enjoy your breastfeeding bond longer.