Helps reduce existing acne while also helping to prevent the appearance of new blemishes.
- Contains 2% salicylic acid in a botanically-based formula.
- Powerful formula glides on smoothly.
- Helps minimise the appearance of pores.
- Helps reduce shine.
- Oil- and fragrance-free.
This translucent, silky serum helps control oil that may result in pimples. The powerful formula glides on smoothly and absorbs quickly as it minimizes the appearance of pores and helps reduce shine.
- After using the Clarifying Cleanser, apply a thin layer of Pore-Purifying Serum over clean face and neck. Avoid eye area. Can be used morning and night.
- Follow with Spot Solution where needed.
How It Works
Mary Kay Acne System is a multi-faceted approach for the multiple causes of acne.
Acne can happen to anyone, at any time. Formulated with salicylic acid, the Mary Kay Acne System helps eliminate and helps prevent acne breakouts. Here’s how it works:
- It keeps pores from becoming blocked.
As oil is produced it travels up and out through the pores to lubricate the skin. But in acne-prone skin, dead skin cells that would normally slough away collect in pores, trapping oil inside. Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells from the pores, and helps speed cell turnover on the surface of the skin.
- It helps reduce excess oil.
Oil, or sebum, is produced in the sebaceous glands, which lie just under the skin’s surface. While a certain amount of oil is needed to soften skin and maintain its protective barrier, excess oil and environmental impurities can clog pores. The Mary Kay Acne System is formulated to help control excess oil and reduce visible
- It lessens irritation associated with blemishes.
As acne blemishes develop, irritation occurs as the skin attempts to heal itself, and this irritation can be intensified by the release of proteins and peptides that signal immune cell to travel to the site of the infection. The Mary Kay Acne System is formulated to help prevent skin irritation associated with blemishes.