Fitbit Launches Versa 2, a premium, voice-enabled lifestyle smartwatch packed with even more advanced health, fitness and convenience features powered by 5+ days battery life to maximize your day and night
MALAYSIA – August 29, 2019 – Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) today announced the launch of Fitbit Versa 2, the next generation of its best-selling smartwatch, Fitbit Versa. Versa 2 delivers a new precision-crafted swimproof design, includes innovative sleep features like Sleep Score and smart wake, and is packed with even more advanced health, fitness and smart features to elevate every moment.1 For next-level convenience, Versa 2 debuts an on-device microphone, which enables Fitbit’s first-ever Amazon Alexa smartwatch experience, along with a Spotify app that allows users to control their music and podcasts. Coupled with even faster performance, thousands of apps and clock faces and a brighter, crisper display with an optional always-on mode, Versa 2 is your 24/7 health and wellness companion – now with 5+ days battery life at the same approachable price as Versa.
“At Fitbit, we believe that health belongs to everyone and that people should not be priced out of having access to devices and features that can help them improve their health. That’s why we’ve designed Versa 2 to be a premium, full-featured and easy-to-use smartwatch at an accessible price point,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “Building on the success of our original best- selling Versa smartwatch, we believe the added value and innovation in Versa 2 with new features like Alexa, a Spotify app and advanced in-app and on-device sleep features, will bring more users into the smartwatch category, allowing them to unlock the benefits of better health.”
Better sleep for better, more active days
Sleep is critical to maintaining overall health and wellness, and when surveyed by Fitbit, nearly two- thirds (64 percent) of participants list sleep as a very important health and fitness priority, but one-third of American adults do not get enough sleep on a regular basis.3 Fitbit pioneered wearable sleep tracking more than 10 years ago, making information previously only available from a medical professional widely accessible on the wrist. As a leader in tracked sleep, we have applied learnings from more than 10.5 billion nights of sleep tracked to innovate in this critical area of health, and the latest sleep features will not only help you better understand your sleep, but provide the features to help you improve it:
- Sleep Score: Receive a nightly score in the Fitbit® app for better insight into your sleep quality. Your score is based on heart rate (sleeping and resting), restlessness, time awake and Sleep Stages. For more insights and analysis behind your Sleep Score, upgrade to Fitbit Premium. 4
- Smart wake: Coming soon to all Fitbit smartwatches, smart wake uses machine learning to wake you during an optimal time of your sleep cycle while in light or REM sleep, based on a pre- selected 30-minute interval, so you wake up feeling more refreshed.5
- Sleep Mode: Simultaneously disable your screen display and silence notifications for a night free of disturbances. Sleep Mode can also be used anytime you don’t want to be interrupted, like during a workout or in a meeting. 6
- Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph: Coming soon, this graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device. Being aware of short-term variations in the oxygen levels in your bloodstream may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep.
In addition to helping millions around the world better understand and improve their sleep, Fitbit continues to deliver the advanced health and fitness features that our users know and love. On Versa 2, these include: automatic activity tracking, PurePulse® 24/7 heart rate tracking, 15+ goal-based exercise modes, connected GPS and water resistance up to 50 meters.
Alexa, can you help me get healthier?
Yes, Alexa can do that on Versa 2! Enabled by Fitbit’s first on-device microphone, Versa 2 is the first Fitbit smartwatch with Alexa Built-in, taking Alexa out of your home and onto your wrist to help support your active lifestyle, like starting a Fitbit Exercise on-wrist, finding the nearest gym, even learning the caloric value of an avocado (in case you’re wondering, it’s 322 calories). 7 Alexa responds to voice commands on Versa 2 with discreet, silent on-screen text responses. With just a press of a button, speak into the microphone to use Alexa skills on Versa 2 for added convenience wherever you are. Alexa can also help with everyday tasks on-the-go, like setting alarms and timers, checking the local weather and news, controlling your smart home devices, and much more through the sound of your voice. 8
Added convenience and smart features to amplify your day
In addition to Alexa Built-in, Versa 2 comes with even more features to add convenience and ease to your day on all models.
Fitbit is also bringing the Spotify app experience to Versa 2, allowing Spotify Premium subscribers to control music and podcasts so you can find all-day motivation directly from your wrist. 9 The Spotify app lets you control playback on-the-go, change playlists, like songs, and easily switch music output without skipping a beat. The ability to control Spotify adds even more music functionality to Fitbit for you to listen to your music for motivation.10 Additionally, Versa 2 has the ability to store and play 300+ songs from your personal music library, download Pandora stations, and add Deezer playlists.11
To help simplify your life, Versa 2 offers all the essential smart features like smartphone notifications so you can view app, call, calendar and text notifications right from your wrist.12 If you have an Android phone, you can also use the new on-device microphone to reply to texts and notifications from the wrist.13 Plus, you can also choose from nearly 3,000 apps and clock faces to personalize the stats you see and access the apps you need so everything is in one place.
Faster performance, elevated design
Now packed with more advanced features, Versa 2 is also powered by a faster processor compared to Versa for better performance and seamless navigation. Plus, a larger AMOLED display delivers a superior experience with boosted viewability and crisper color, and enables an optional always-on display mode, which boasts 2+ days battery life so you can easily check the time and see your stats during a workout without lifting your wrist or pressing a button.14
Versa 2 is Fitbit’s most premium, modern smartwatch design yet. It is precision-crafted with subtle material, finish and form updates, giving the smartwatch an elevated yet universal appeal. The watch is durable and water resistant up to 50 meters, yet lightweight and comfortable enough to wear all day and night with rounded edges and a curved case. An anodized aluminum finish in a natural color palette gives a sophisticated, modern aesthetic to complement any style or look – and with the simplified one- button design, Versa 2 has a sleek silhouette reminiscent of a classic timepiece.
Applying design to style, Versa 2 Special Edition features a premium jacquard woven band in navy and pink with a copper rose aluminum case or smoke with a mist grey case, plus a contemporary color- matched classic silicone band in navy and olive, respectively, for two chic styles in one. All special edition devices will also come with a free three-month trial of the Fitbit Premium membership for an elevated holistic health and fitness experience.15
Accessories designed for every occasion
To complement its enhanced design, Versa 2 offers a wide variety of new accessories for work, play and working out, all of which are compatible across the entire Versa family. Featuring new colors, materials and styles, the lineup offers an array of options for any lifestyle or activity:
- Classic bands: Stain-resistant, comfortable, soft and waterproof, classic silicone bands are available in new colors, including black, petal, stone, midnight blue and olive.16
- Sport-inspired: Designed for all types of workouts or a sportier look, the Versa family’s first sport bands are perforated for added breathability, available in navy, black, glacier, frost white and coral, in the same stain-resistant, comfortable silicone as the classic bands. 17
- Athleisure-centric: Woven bands made from recycled materials flaunt a reflective stripe and come in on-trend color combinations, like charcoal with an orange stripe, pink on pink stripe, and navy on navy stripe.20
- Fashionable leather and suede: Premium Horween® leather perforated bands in charcoal and moss suede add an elegance to any look, whether at the office or a night out.18
- RECCO Rescue technology: RECCO’s renowned rescue reflector technology is integrated into a sporty and rugged woven navy band to make you more searchable by professional rescuers and is fastened securely with a velcro strap to stay on no matter how extreme the activity. Designed with RECCO’s proprietary reflector, which requires no charge and lasts a lifetime, outdoor enthusiasts have added safety and peace of mind when tackling their favorite activities.19
Pricing and availability
Versa 2 is available for MYR 998 in black with a carbon case, petal with a copper rose aluminum case, and stone with a mist grey case; accessories range from MYR 148 – MYR 238. Versa 2 Special Edition is available for MYR 1068 in navy and pink with a copper rose aluminum case and smoke with a mist grey case.
Versa 2 will be available in stores worldwide beginning September 15, 2019 across retailers like All IT Hypermarket, Best Denki, City Chain, Flash Gadget, Harvey Norman, Lazada, Thunder Match & Timekeeper. Local availability date to be announced. Two exclusive editions – emerald and plum, both with a copper rose case – will also be available this fall, only on select retailers.
Today, Fitbit also announced Fitbit Premium, its new paid membership service, as well as Fitbit Aria AirTM. See all news and download images at www.fitbit.com/press.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. Fitbit designs products and experiences that track and provide motivation for everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative and popular products include Fitbit Charge 3TM, Fitbit Inspire HRTM, Fitbit InspireTM and Fitbit Ace 2TM activity trackers, as well as the Fitbit IonicTM and Fitbit VersaTM family of smartwatches, Fitbit FlyerTM wireless headphones, and Fitbit Aria family of smart scales. Fitbit products are carried in approximately 39,000 retail stores and in 100+ countries around the globe. Powered by one of the world’s largest databases of activity, exercise and sleep data and Fitbit’s leading health and fitness social network, the Fitbit platform delivers personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools, including the Fitbit and Fitbit Coach apps, and Fitbit OS for smartwatches. Fitbit’s paid subscription service, Fitbit Premium, uses your unique data to deliver actionable guidance and coaching in the Fitbit app to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Fitbit Health Solutions develops health and wellness solutions designed to help increase engagement, improve health outcomes, and drive a positive return for employers, health plans and health systems.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and share your Fitbit experience.