Blackmores Buffered C Slow Release?
- It has been specially formulated to provide a prolonged rate of absorption by releasing nutrients slowly over a sustained 8 hour period, ensuring that vitamin C is available when your body needs it.
- This low acid formulation is buffered with mineral ascorbates, so it is gentle on the stomach.
- It also contains bioflavonoids, including rutin and hesperidin, to help enhance the action of vitamin C in the body.
Features of Blackmores Buffered C Slow Release:
- The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet.
- Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual’s need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
- Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is therefore beneficial when dealing with illness.
- Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.